It’s hard to say when the first coat was made. Outside simple furs and hides, historians estimate the modern coat first started appearing in medieval times. Back then, coats were an outer garment that was fitted to the waist and buttoned up the front. They were only designed for warmth. Today’s coats do so much more, especially with advanced technology and added features. We’ve put together a quick list to help you find the perfect new coat for the coming winter.
Best for: Work and Jobsites
If you’re looking for a heavyweight, wind resistant coat that keeps you warm and gives you great mobility, this is the jacket for you. The Rugged Flex® technology is designed to move and stretch with you all day long without compromising durability. Another advantage is the Full Swing® design, which gives you a full range of movement through specific stretch panels.
- Mighty Back™ bi-swing between shoulders for instant recovery
- Flex Elbow™ for less restriction
- Freedom Gusset™ to prevent sleeve ride up
- Attached, fleece-lined hood with adjustable draw-cord closure
- Internal rib-knit storm cuffs with ergonomic shaped sleeve hem
KÜHL IMPAKTTM Jacket (Men)
Best for: Everyday Use
From its unique design to the 5-panel articulated sleeves, water repellent fabric, and wind resistant softshell, it’s easy to look good and stay comfortable in the IMPAKT jacket from KÜHL. To make it even better, the company improved the underarm and side panels for greater breathability and movement.
- Water repellent and wind resistant softshell with 4-way stretch
- Underarm and side panels feature grid back fleece
- 5-panel articulated sleeves for better range of motion
- Hand warming pockets with zippers
- Chest pocket with zipper
Dickies Waterproof/Breathable/Reflective Jacket (Men/Women)
Best for: Outdoor Adventures and Nights Out
Sure, you can find a jacket that’s waterproof and breathable. But this one adds a whole new dimension with safety reflective stitching. The whole coat lights up when hit with light thanks to Dickies reflective herringbone and crosshatch technology.
- Waterproof and breathable
- Completely seam sealed
- Contoured adjustable hood for added protection
- Interior pockets and media port
- Drop tail adjustable hem for added coverage
- Enhanced visibility in low light
Best for: Chores and Working Outside
This heavyweight, quilt-lined jacket is the perfect way to stay warm and look good too. The 12-ounce 100% cotton weathered duck and quilt lined body add to the comfort and durability. There are even hand-warmer pockets built into the front of the jacket.
- Sherpa-lined collar
- Zip front with snaps
- Two lower-front pockets with flaps and snaps that double as hand-warmer pockets with side entry
- Two chest pockets and two interior pockets
KÜHL BURRTM Lined Jacket (Women)
Best for: Outdoor Adventures
This rugged yet soft canvas jacket can take you anywhere. The exclusive patina finish and BURR lining perfectly combines durability and style. Want more? The collar and draft flap are lined with Italian Berber micro fleece and the sleeves are lined to make it easier to take the jacket off when you get to where you’re going.
- 2 large hand warmer pockets
- Cuff gusset with snap closure
- Inside security pocket
- Durable combed Cotton ottoman weave with exclusive Patina finish
- Berber fleece collar and draft flap lining for added comfort
Find Your Next Coat at Coastal
From windbreakers to heavy-duty work jackets, you’ll find the perfect coat at your Northwest owned and operated Coastal Farm & Ranch. Stop by anyone of our 16 PNW locations and try on a jacket or two. While you’re there, stock up on boots and footwear for the whole family.