Going to a BBQ this weekend and not sure what to contribute? Or just want to make something light for the family to enjoy? Compile your ingredients and prepare the Santa Fe Style Quinoa Salad. You’ll find a list of ingredients and directions below the video.
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup mild or medium picante sauce
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed under cold water)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 15-ounce can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1½ cups frozen yellow corn kernels (or use fresh, but cook and cool first)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)
- 4 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
From the Gluten-Free Vegetarian Kitchen, this recipe calls for you to combine the water, picante sauce, quinoa, cumin, salt and pepper over high heat in a medium sauce pan. Bring it to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed (15-20 minutes). Remove from heat and let stand five minutes. Then uncover and toss with a fork.
Transfer everything to a large bowl and let cool.
Add remaining ingredients (black beans, corn, scallions, jalapeño, tomatoes, canola oil) to the quinoa (combine well).
Serve this fun recipe slightly warm, at room temperature, or cool in the fridge and serve cold.
Summer Fresh Ingredients at Coastal
You’ll find all the seeds, starts, and gardening items you need to grow your own veggies and more at your Northwest owned and operated Coastal Farm & Ranch. Not sure how to grow a particular item? Ask us. Our crew has the experience and knowhow to help you tend your patch of earth.