This might not be the ideal time to watch your weight, but it is the perfect time of year for delicious goodies. Today, we’re going to share a Coastal favorite that’s both sweet, salty, chocolaty, and always yummy. You’ll find step-by-step directions and a list of necessary ingredients below the video.
Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- 16-ounce bag of mini pretzels
- 14-ounce bag of milk chocolate melts
- 14-ounce bag of white chocolate melts
- Various colored sugar sprinkles
Heat up your chocolate melts using the double boiler method. First, fill the lower pan with water to just below the level of the top pan. Bring the water to simmer, then remove from heat. Put one flavor of your candy melts in the top pan and set in position on the lower pan. Stir constantly until your melts are smooth and melted. Repeat for your other flavor of chocolate melts.
Heat up your chocolate melts using the microwave method. In a microwave-safe container, microwave one of your flavors of candy melts at half power (or defrost setting) for 1 minute. Stir thoroughly. Continue to microwave and stir at 30-second intervals until chocolate is smooth and melted. Repeat for your other flavor of chocolate melts.
1. Hand dip your pretzels in warm white or milk chocolate melts and place on parchment paper.
2. Drizzle chocolate, sprinkles, or colored sugar sprinkles over your pretzels.
3. Allow to cool.
Homemade Almond Rocca
- 1 ½ cups coarsely-chopped almonds
- 16-ounces light brown sugar
- 1 pound of butter
- 24-ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1-teaspoon shortening
1. Sprinkle ¾ cup coarsely chopped almonds onto the bottom of an 18×13-inch cookie sheet. Set aside
2. In a 2-quart sauce pan, combine sugar and butter over medium heat. Stir frequently for several minutes until bubbly and thick. Use a candy thermometer and cook until 290º F. and remove from heat. Note: Watch carefully after 280º to prevent burning.
3. Pour evenly over the almonds on the cookie sheet. Let stand for a few minutes.
4. Melt chocolate chips in microwave with 1-teaspoon shortening. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each until completely melted and smooth.
5. Pour chocolate over your creation on the cookie sheet.
6. Sprinkle remaining almonds evenly over the top of the chocolate layer.
7. Allow to set up for a few hours. Place in the fridge if needed.
8. Once completely set up and hardened, break into pieces using a knife.